This guide includes basic steps of the Asus AC2900 Router Setup. You can either use a web browser method or Asus app to complete the installation.
How to setup Asus AC2900 gaming router via web browser method?
- You need to connect an Ethernet cable from the broadband modem to the WAN port of the Asus router.
- Connect another Ethernet cable from your computer to one of the four LAN ports of the Asus router.
- Next, you need to connect the power adapter into the wall outlet and its other port into the Asus router.
- Once everything is connected, supply power to the Asus router. Press the ON/ OFF button that is located on the back of the router.
- Now, you need to get into the Asus AC2900 router login You can use the web address http://router.asus.com or IP address http://192.168.1.1. press the ‘enter’ key on your keyboard.
- When a login window appears, provide the asus router username and password. Enter ‘admin’ in both the username and password fields.
- The initial setup page will appear. Click the ‘Go’ button.
- You need to change the default administrative username and password by entering the information in the desired fields. Then, click ‘Next’
- Now, the setup wizard will detect your internet connection type.
- In the next step, you need to change the wireless network settings of the router. Enter the desired network name and password of your wireless asus router, then press the ‘Next’ option.
- A configuration summary will appear on the screen, click the ‘Next’ button to continue.
- Press the ‘save’ button to save all the settings.
- Now, click on the ‘Log Out’ button.
- The Asus AC2900 Router setup is now completed.
How to Setup Asus AC2900 Gaming Router via Asus App?
You can even install an Asus app on your mobile device to complete the setup of asus AC2900 router. Follow these step by step instructions for the Asus AC2900 Setup via Asus App.
- First of all, you need to complete the hardware setup of your asus AC2900 router.
- Install the asus app on your mobile device. The app is available for both the iOS and Android devices.
- Open the app and create your asus account by providing the necessary details.
- Now, click on the ‘Enable Wi-Fi’ on the Asus app.
- Connect to the connection name Asus from the displayed list.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button.
- You will be asked to provide the wireless network name and password for your asus router. click ‘Next’
- In the next step, you need to create a new admin password.
- Now, you will be connected to the newly created asus network.
- You can now connect more devices to the asus network by entering the Wi-Fi password.
- The Asus AC2900 Setup via Asus app is now completed.
If you need more details on Asus AC2900 router, you can contact our technical experts who are available round the clock to provide your assistance.